By Forker, Diana
Read or Download A Grammar of Hinuq PDF
Best grammar books
The single language consultant of its type, the Iraqi Phrasebook will give you the Iraqi-Arabic words you will need to speak successfully quite often trip, scientific, and protection occasions, in addition to with usual Iraqis in the street. The ebook: Separates content material through subject makes a speciality of conversational language provides Arabic words in easy-to-read transliteration positive aspects words addressing wishes of army, reduction, company, and development body of workers
In view that its first book, Language Universals and Linguistic Typology has develop into proven because the prime introductory account of 1 of the best parts of linguistics—the research, comparability, and class of the typical beneficial properties and kinds of the association of languages. Adopting an method of the topic pioneered through Greenberg and others, Bernard Comrie is very fascinated by syntactico-semantic universals, devoting chapters to note order, case making, relative clauses, and causative buildings.
The research and thought constructed in 0 Syntax is a crucial contribution to the certainty of common Grammar. The overriding subject matter is the inspiration that the supply and syntactic positioning of arguments isn't an issue of likelihood yet arises from legislation governing the constitution of lexical entries and from legislation governing syntactic constructions themselves.
What occurs whilst a canonically transitive shape meets a canonically transitive that means, and what occurs whilst this doesn’t ensue? How do dyadic types relate to monadic ones, and what are the entailments of the operations that the grammar makes use of to narrate one to the opposite? gathering unique professional paintings from acquisition, processing, typological and theoretical syntax-semantics examine, this quantity offers a cutting-edge in addition to leading edge dialogue of principal concerns within the realm of Transitivity.
- A Grammar of Guiqiong : A Language of Sichuan(Hardback) - 2015 Edition
- Language is Served: Games, Writing Prompts, and Other Language Arts Activities on the Yummy Topic of Food
- Adjective Classes: A Cross-Linguistic Typology (Explorations in Linguistic Typology)
- Direct Interface and One-Channel Translation (Studies in Generative Grammar [SGG]) by Tobias Scheer (2012-03-01)
- Advances in the Syntax of DPs: Structure, agreement, and case (Linguistik Aktuell/Linguistics Today)
Additional resources for A Grammar of Hinuq
In reflexive and reciprocal constructions with verbs belonging to certain valency classes (experiencer verbs and verbs with non-canonical agents), the role of the most prominent argument as indicated by the case marking can or even must be fulfilled by the reflexive or reciprocal pronoun and not by the controlling noun phrase. In addition, there is extensive long-distance reflexivization in various types of subordinate clauses. Phrases are head-final. In clauses with transitive verbs the most frequent word order is agent-patient-verb, although main clauses admit all other five logically possible orders.
2. 1. Realization Table 3 presents the consonant inventory of Hinuq. In this table, the three series of stops are, in the given order: voiceless nonejective, voiceless ejective, and voiced. The two series of fricatives are voiceless and voiced. The two series of affricates are voiceless nonejective and voiceless ejective. In every box the first 28 Chapter 2. 1 in the appendix for the complete orthography). The nonejective uvular stop usually has a strong fricative component during the release phase of the stop.
G. 1). g. hawa ‘air, sky’, kawu ‘gate’, haywan ‘animal’, dawla ‘wealth’, and the name Džawharat. As can be seen in these examples, in loans and names /w/ can be followed by vowels, semivowels and consonants, but never by consonants. The occurrence of the other semivowel, the palatal approximant /j/, is less restricted. g. iyo ‘mother, èaya ‘mosquito’. g. OBL’, hibayru ‘so’, qorya:- ‘boil’, c’oq’ya:- ‘stich’, but never between two consonants. It can follow vowels and thus form diphthongs (24). 2.