By Eric M. Smith
Chapter 1 type (pages 1–18):
Chapter 2 basics (pages 19–57):
Chapter three Steady?State Temperature Profiles (pages 59–97):
Chapter four Direct?Sizing of Plate?Fin Exchangers (pages 99–142):
Chapter five Direct?Sizing of Helical?Tube Exchangers (pages 143–176):
Chapter 6 Direct?Sizing of Bayonet?Tube Exchangers (pages 177–206):
Chapter 7 Direct?Sizing of RODbaffle Exchangers (pages 207–227):
Chapter eight Exergy Loss and strain Loss Exergy (pages 229–255):
Chapter nine Transients in warmth Exchangers (pages 257–274):
Chapter 10 Single?Blow attempt (pages 275–295):
Chapter eleven warmth Exchangers in Cryogenic Plant (pages 297–324):
Chapter 12 warmth move and movement Friction in Two?Phase circulation (pages 325–348):
Read or Download Advances in Thermal Design of Heat Exchangers: A Numerical Approach: Direct-Sizing, Step-Wise Rating, and Transients PDF
Similar thermodynamics books
This e-book is a special, multidisciplinary, attempt to use rigorous thermodynamics basics, a disciplined scholarly technique, to difficulties of sustainability, power, and source makes use of. using thermodynamic pondering to difficulties of sustainable habit is an important virtue in bringing order to ailing outlined questions with a good number of proposed strategies, a few of that are extra damaging than the unique challenge.
Content material: bankruptcy 1 category (pages 1–18): bankruptcy 2 basics (pages 19–57): bankruptcy three regular? country Temperature Profiles (pages 59–97): bankruptcy four Direct? Sizing of Plate? Fin Exchangers (pages 99–142): bankruptcy five Direct? Sizing of Helical? Tube Exchangers (pages 143–176): bankruptcy 6 Direct? Sizing of Bayonet?
- Mechanical engineers' handbook, book 4: Energy and power, Edition: 3ed.
- Industrial Combustion Testing
- Diffusion and Mass Transfer
- Statistical Mechanics Made Simple: A Guide for Students and Researchers
- Intermediate Heat Transfer, 1st Edition
- Thermodynamics: an engineering approach, 5th Edition
Extra info for Advances in Thermal Design of Heat Exchangers: A Numerical Approach: Direct-Sizing, Step-Wise Rating, and Transients
1972) Coiled tubular heat exchangers. In Proceedings of the 1972 Cryogenic Engineering Conference, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Plenum Press, Paper B-l, vol. 18, pp. 42-51. Anon. (1979) The high temperature reactor and process applications. In Proceedings of an International Conference, London, 26-28 November 1979, British Nuclear Energy Society. , March 1980, 24. Bachmann, U. (1975) Steam generators for the 300-MWe power station with a thorium hightemperature reactor, Sulzer Tech. , 57(4), 189-194.
0. 16 Generalized effectiveness plot with parameter Nh/Nc for contraflow and parallel-flow heat exchangers Effectiveness versus Ntu plots Many texts present curves of effectiveness (e) versus number of transfer units (Ntu) over a range of capacity-rate ratios for a variety of flow arrangements, and apply these curves in design. Examining definitions of these axes in contraflow allows effectiveness as and equally we might have plotted (kdmax/Tspari) versus Ntu. 14). 4. 11 Sizing when Q is not specified Occasionally a sizing problem may arise when Q is not known but 'best practicable recuperation' is desired.
11 Some possible applications At this stage it is only possible to indicate some applications for the heat exchanger configurations described earlier. Not all of this technology is yet in service, or indeed constructed, and the reader is simply asked to appreciate some possible applications which exist for the new direct-sizing designs described. 8 Cross-section of involute-curved plate-fin heat exchanger Crisalli & Parker, 1993). In every case a contraflow heat exchanger arrangement is the natural first choice as it provides more energy recovery than multi-pass crossflow, but the practicalities of inlet and outlet ducting have also to be considered.